Hmmm, mostly J2, I think. HUGE WARNING! I fail at descriptions! Will edit later with better info O_o
Let's see, some classics that have been recced everywhere:
- Wall-E tribute, SPN award-winner with indestructible robot!Jared and explorer clone!Jensen made me tear up. Achingly beautiful. Butterflies and Hurricanes
- everything she writes is wonderful, but this was pretty near perfect - a crack team of genetically modified warriors attempts to keep the world safe and Jensen is the standoffish key to their success - why is he so determined to keep everyone at arm's length? Insecure (with good reason)!Jensen and a determined, devoted Jared. Plus Misha blows things up!The Sword of Stars
- seriously, a space saga set in galaxy far, far away with a fully developed culture, concept and plot - yes, just like in a real
and some personal favorites:
OK, first and foremost Queensguard
- all I need to say is ... dragons. On earth. People on modern day earth transforming into dragons to save the world from invading aliens. And Jared and Jensen work together on some CW TV show. I do not have words for how awesome this is. And - squee! - sequel(s)!
This Hell We've Made
- also a superpowered team, led by an Xavier-like JDM and secret empath!Jared. New team member Jensen can heal everything except his heart and soul. Jared can't let go for fear of hurting others - can healing Jared help Jensen learn to heal himself?
- I loved Iowa
, but I never expected such great scifi/fantasy from her BB. Her hurt!Jensen-fu is beyond par and the world of the Dreamers is such a rich creation. The idea of a reanimated prostitute/assassin!Jensen makes me drool in a good way, and magical powers/rebellious scion!Jared grew on me as the fic progressed - I totally can't wait for the sequel she promised for this year's BB!Possibilities You Don't Even Know You've Got
by the inestimable poor_choices
, a goddess among ficcers if there ever was one. Superhero AU with Jared as the Lois Lane type and a Jensen as the masked hero he crushes on. As always, the dialogue is the stand-out.The Life and Times of Lois Lane
- this time Jared's the hero and Jensen's trying to deal with the havoc his husband's 'hobby' creates. Really sweet.The Face verse
- super sexy Jensen/Dean/Alec/Priestly AU set in an apocalyptic future where tattoos are a means of control and Sam is captured by Them. But mostly just sexy x 1000.Planetfal
l by ciaan
- Jensen is just minding his own business, taking his scientific readings from outer orbit when his ship is waylaid by space pirate!Jared. When Jensen saves Jared from disaster and they make an emergency planetfall, it seems the former hostage and smirking pirate need each other to survive.
Home Is Where the Heart Is
- space station romance - or it would be if Jensen's Gifts will let him see that Jared is just waiting to let him in. Lovely.
500 Light Years From Home
- ex-military, now space adventurer Jared sets off in a newly purchased starship with a motley crew of J2 regulars - yes, there is Chad - and runs into Jensen in a most unusual place. Bonus points for best use of a Tyranosaur outside of the Dresden files.Out in the Dark verse
- this is still a WIP - more is promised! - but the beginning alone with its Trek-ish sex pollen episode is worth a read and it only gets more interesting from there.The Future's Nothing New verse
- this has everything all over Flash Gordon - space adventurer!Jared, freed slave!Jensen, captain!JDM, creepy alien monsters, and even space vampires. So much fun! Also WIP, I think.Rule 26
- definitely WIP for now - why does every evil overlord always fall for the one gorgeous person who has a perfect reason to attempt to thwart them at every turn? fleshflutter
is the only writer whose bad!Jensen I can stand (I don't really do
dark!fic), because she makes her characters so complex. Also, picturing Jared cast as Princess Leia(ish) = priceless!End of the World
good. Superheroes - and exes - Jared and Jensen are back together hooking up and fighting evil after a fortuitous blind date match-up. But their latest supervillain may render all their relationship problems moot.Naked Under Here
- again with the not particularly nice/kind of slutty!Jensen, but it works! Total superhero/comic book vibe is fantastic and Jared's angst about whether Jensen's interested in more than just no-strings hook-ups makes for a more modern adult graphic-novel type counterpoint.Steel and Blood
- cyborg!Jensen and enslaved clone!Jared. Her stuff is all
good, but this seeming snippet of what seems to be a much larger Dune-esque scifi world hooked me with all the built-in background and characters - maybe I mean Farscape-esque. Anyway, it's also totally hot with a little dub-con (but not really) thrown in. See also, Three's a Crowd
for more NC-17 superpowered hotness.
THERE WILL BE MORE!